EXHIBITION DATES: 2018 Season, May through October
Exhibit 1: First Member Show
May 25 through June 27, 2018
Artist Drop Off: May 23 11 am-4 pm
Opening Reception: May 25 5-7 pm
Exhibit 2: Willsboro/Essex Student Show at AAA
June 8-13 2018, During our Member Show
Opening Reception June 8 5-7 pm
Exhibit 3: Paine Memorial Library Show
June 15- July 10
Artist Drop Off At Library: June 14 9-12 am
Exhibit 4: Member Show, Featuring Artist Helen Goetz
June 29-July 25, 2018
Artist Drop Off: June 27 11 am-4 pm
Opening Reception June 29 5-7 pm
EXHIBIT 5: Member Show, Featured Artist Jim Friday & Penny Clute
July 27-August 22
Artist Drop Off: July 25 11 am-4 pm
Opening Reception: July 27 5-7 pm
Exhibit 6: Member Show, Watercolor Artists Featured
August 25-September 30
Artist Drop Off: August 22 11 am-4pm
Opening Reception./Gala Fundraiser August 25 6-9:00 pm
The contract terms are included below. The contract addresses issues such as commission rates, lost or damaged work, storage conditions, and sales payments.
• Artist is expected to drop off and pick up artwork on specifically scheduled dates for each exhibition. If the Artist does not drop off on designated date, they forfeit their exhibition rights for that session. Please contact the Director if you have an issue with scheduled dates. If artwork is left in the gallery for an extended period of time (30+ days), the artist is responsible for making arrangements with the director or the items will be considered a donation to the gallery. The AAA is not responsible for items left in the gallery over the winter break.
• Artwork submitted for exhibition must be properly mounted or framed (dependent on the medium). All 2D artwork must be wired for hanging. If artwork is not properly prepared, the Gallery holds the right to refuse to exhibit the work based on safety polices to protect the staff and clients.
• All artwork must be properly labeled on the back or bottom of the piece with the Artist’s name and with the title, medium and price of the work. Artists must complete Appendix A: Record of Consignment (inventory sheet) so that a complete inventory of their work is provided at drop off.
• The AAA Director maintains the right to show works with the highest aesthetic quality dependent on the amount of space available in the Gallery. This means that if space is limited or if the artwork does not meet aesthetic requirements, some or all of the artwork submitted by the Artist may not be shown in the exhibition.
• Artists must be current on their 2017 Exhibiting Member Membership to participate in Gallery exhibits.
• Artists submitting work to Members Exhibits will be limited to three submissions for each gallery rotation. Artists can not submit the same works for each show, they must rotate their selections as the exhibitions change. Artists can also submit up to 25 retail items to be put in the “store” (front gallery); this includes smaller pottery items, jewelry, prints, cards, etc. An inventory must be provided for these items and they must be tagged by the artist with the price and artist’s last name. These retail items do not have to be rotated with each exhibition change.
MARKETING AND EVENTS
• The Gallery agrees to host an opening reception for each of the four art exhibits held at the AAA in 2017.
• Creation of all marketing will be handled by the AAA, including a press release, poster, website, social media updates, direct mailers, and newspaper ads. Artists are encouraged to share these materials, NOT create their own.
• The AAA maintains the right to move/store artwork during special events that take place during the exhibition dates and require more space. This is done primarily to maintain the safety of the works.
COMMISSIONS, PRICES, AND PAYMENTS
• Gallery agrees to sell the Artist’s works at the retail prices shown on the Record of Consignment, the Gallery will then retain a 33.3 % commission on each sale.
Should the Gallery offer a special VIP discount, this discount will come out of the Gallery’s commission, not the Artist’s payment.
• The Gallery shall pay the Artist all proceeds due to the Artist within thirty days of sale.
• No sales on approval or credit can be made without the written consent of the Artist.
INSURANCE, LOSS, OR DAMAGE
· If damages occur during exhibit installation because the artist did not prepare work according to AAA guidelines, the AAA will not be responsible for those damages.
APPENDIX A - INVENTORY SHEET
Artists are required by to submit an inventory sheet (Appendix A) at drop off. Artists can either fill this form out in the gallery, download the form by clicking the button below, or fill out the online version of the form, also found below. Artists must also label the front and back of any artwork submitted to the member's shows and tag all retail items with the price and artist's last name.